Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Blog 4: Interview Preparation


1. I plan to interview my mentor, Rebecca Chai, the adviser of Walnut High School's publications class. The Walnut yearbooks have been respected and admired for a number of years for several reasons, and their publications class is run like a tight ship.

2. Required Questions:
  • I'm interested in studying editorial publishing management. What can you tell me about it?
  • From your perspective, what could I study that would be significant?
  • Who else would you recommend I talk to?
  • What kinds of places or activities do you recommend I do for the mentorship component?
  • What books should I read in this field?
Additional Questions:
  • What led you to become the adviser of the publications class?
  • What’s one quality that a good manager/Editor-in-Chief must display every day to his/her staff? Why?
  • In your experience, what have past Editors-in-Chief gone to do in college? Using the skills they learned from managing the staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment