Monday, November 3, 2014

Blog 9: Lesson 1 Reflection

1. Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your Lesson 1 Presentation and why?
I’m most proud of the fact that I remembered to cite all my sources, and I pretty much gave all the information I intended to give.


2. Questions to Consider
  a. What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 1 Presentation (self-assessment)?
  AE    P       AP    CR    NC


  b. Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 1 component contract.
Professionalism: I spoke clearly enough for the class to hear, maintained eye contact with the audience as well as proper posture, and made sure to engage the audience by asking how they were following along.
Justification of Foundation: I constantly referenced my research, published sources, and my interview, as was expected of me.


3. What worked for you in your Lesson 1?
Right off the bat, my puns worked to engage the audience. They may have been bad, but I had everyone’s attention once I finished my hook. After that, I’d say my knowledge of my topic and experience as an editor-in-chief definitely helped me make time and convey what I was trying to convey.

4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 1?
If I had a time machine, I would rework my presentation to be topic-to-topic, instead of article-to-article. I feel like going by articles confused some people, because a few articles basically said the same thing about certain topics (like communication). The third quarter of my presentation is where I struggled most, because I didn’t take the time to dive as deep into “Shared Vision” and “Employee Engagement” as I should have, and I ended up with more time than I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment