Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

1.  What is your working EQ?
•  How best can one manage an editorial staff, so as to promote efficiency and inspiration?


2.  Possible Answers:
•  An editor-in-chief should promote the concept of employee engagement among his or her staff.
•  Clear, concise expectations for the staff and the editors should be set, so everyone knows their role.


3.  What is the most important source you have used that has helped you come up with an answer to your working EQ?
•  Answer 1: The most important source I found supporting this is “What Is Employee Engagement”, an article from the renowned business magazine Forbes.
•  Answer 2: “YEARBOOK EDITORS: Effective Strategies” was extremely useful in finding this answer.


4.  Who is your mentor, or where are you doing mentorship, and how does what you are doing relate to your working EQ?
•  I’ve previously listed Yearbook adviser Rebecca Chai as my mentor, but I may have to change this. Since Ms. Chai is a Yearbook teacher at a different high school, I can’t exactly work under her. I don’t know who I can talk to for other mentorship options, and would like some help figuring this out. I believe last year’s Editor-in-Chief was able to do her mentorship in the yearbook elective when our Herff Jones representative, Mimi Orth, would visit. However, this would not be an option for me as Mimi has opted out of mentoring this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment