Sunday, January 4, 2015

Blog 11: Holiday Project Update

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you do over the break with your senior project?
Since school’s been out and I haven’t been able to gather the entire staff together (due to vacations and other scheduling issues), I’ve mostly worked with the designers in cranking out spreads from the content that has been submitted. I’ve tried to stay in contact with everyone, and reminded the staff to turn in any and all copy or photos they have so Cesar, Jason, and I actually have something to design with. Since copy has to be edited by the copy editors, I’ve made sure that they check everything to make sure it’s proper and ready to be placed into spreads. Aside from that, there isn’t much that I can do without the staff.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why?  What was the source of what you learned?
I’d say the most important thing I learned is that you should always, always plan ahead. Since we took too much extra time completing Deadline 1, we fell behind on Deadline 2. Before break I started assigning stories for Deadline 3, so this doesn’t happen again. However, I failed to emphasize how crucial it was for everyone to submit their work before break. The designers and I didn’t have much to work off of, and that was mostly on me. Of course, I also learned that you can’t always rely on the staff to do yearbook work during a holiday break.

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers for your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
I would interview one of the past editors-in-chief of the IPoly Yearbook, either Elissa Fultz or Emma Seyffert. They would offer a perspective that I can relate to, and have the clarity of hindsight to add to their advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment