Friday, January 9, 2015

Blog 12: Mentorship 10 hours check

1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?
I am doing my mentorship here at IPoly, in the Yearbook elective.

2.   Who is your contact?
My contact is Mr. Shawn Strand.

3.   How many total hours have you done (total hours should be reflected in your mentorship log located on the right hand side of your blog like your WB)?
Since I’ve only recently gotten this mentorship avenue approved, I’ve gotten 7 hours 10 minutes done. It was difficult to work during the holiday break. I will be completing the full 10 hours afterschool this coming Friday (January 9th).

4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.
So far, I have worked on organizing a staff of 20 staffers and 9 editors towards the goal of completing the second deadline of the yearbook. I held a progress meeting to judge where the problems were. Many staffers hadn’t turn in their photos or copy (the writing) on time, so the deadline completion has been going slowly. 2 editors and I are designers, so we have been working in a frenzy to input content into the spreads of the book. I also met with our representative from the yearbook publishing company, who provided me with helpful insight and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment