Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

1. What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?
I am extremely proud of the visual aesthetic of my presentation. I put a lot of work into the slides, and I feel like it helped maintain the attention of the class. I know that others were certainly engaged by the design of my slides. I tried to compensate for the fact that a lecture on staff management tactics would get boring.


2. a. What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?


   AE    P       AP    CR    NC


    b. Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.
I didn’t do anything exceptional, or worthy of an AE. All of the research I cited in the presentation was tailored toward supporting my answer. I made the time requirement, spoke clearly, and did my best to engage the audience as I spoke. My activity did what it was supposed to, teach my answer in a tangible way. I accomplished all of the P requirements, but I did not go the extra mile (this time around).


3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?
As cheesy as they were, I feel like my pun hook worked to grab the class’s attention. I was able to calm down my nerves and speak slow enough to make time. My presentation time also worked in my favor, because if I had presented later in the day, the class would have gotten more anxious and paid less attention to my content.


4. What didn't work? If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?
I would have changed parts of my activity. As demented as it sounds, I intended for feelings to be hurt when people were excluded from the party planning process. It was the best way, I thought, to really teach people the benefits of having a shared vision. I would have figured out a different objective for the activity, but kept the premise of “Shared Vision Leader” and “Bad Leader” in different groups.


5. What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?
My second EQ answer will be “A successful editor-in-chief organizes his or her staff using various media and a hierarchical staff structure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment