Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blog 15: Independent Component 2 Approval

Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
  1. For my 30 hours, I plan on creating and running I-Poly’s first newsletter magazine. The goal of this magazine is to provide the I-Poly student body with student-created content and pop culture content/reviews, through the perspective of students. This magazine will be web-based and published on a monthly basis for the next 5 months. In essence, the actual hours will be similar to what I do as Editor-In-Chief of yearbook, only in a different environment. I will lead worktime meetings with a small staff of 5-7 people, in which we will edit content and create spreads. I will set deadlines and manage the time spent during these worktimes, in order for the end product to be distributed/uploaded on time.

Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  1. Since those working with me will be gaining community service hours for their time, I will log each worktime meeting with details of what was accomplished and for how long the meeting lasted. Evidence will also manifest in the form of each completed, published edition of the magazine.

Explain how this component will help you explore your topic in more depth.
  1. I will continue to work on my staff management and journalistic publication skills. These contributors, however, are working for a more intrinsic sort of fulfillment instead of a grade. This will change the dynamic of the staff, and require me to handle issues and other obstacles in different ways (compared to how I would in yearbook). In relation to my EQ, this component also creates a different definition of “success”. Unlike the yearbook, the magazine is published on a more regular basis and I’ll be able to receive immediate feedback from the student body regarding the magazine. “Success” in this sense will be how well received each issue is, and the ratio of readers-to-students we have. In a way, this will give me a better idea of what journalism is like in the real world.

Post a log in your Senior Project Hours link and label it "Independent Component 2" log.

  1. The section has been completed, and you can confirm this by visiting the “Senior Project Hours” link in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment