Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ink & Paper: An Ironic Tale

“Ink & Paper” magazine is I-Poly’s premier student-driven magazine. Despite its title, this magazine will be a digital publication (so it’ll involve neither ink nor paper). My second independent component is off to a slower start than I would prefer, but I’ve been busy with the yearbook deadline and Rivas’s board game project, so I’ve had to juggle my time.


Title typography drafts for Ink & Paper. Still deciding on the tone we want for the magazine.

Maylon Day is my second-in-command, since it was brought to my attention that she was also interested in starting up a student newsletter. Maylon and I go way back, since she’s one of my sister’s longest and closest friends (Maylon is practically my adopted sister), and I’m the one who introduced her to I-Poly. Maylon and I have gathered a staff of nine people, including ourselves, to act as editors for the magazine. Jason and Madee Doctor are also on staff, who are already trained in journalism thanks to their time on the yearbook staff. So far, we have content ranging from typical pop culture fare (movie and album reviews, healthy living) to topics that may spark controversy (student political opinions, technology outlooks). I personally think we can grab the interest of about 75% of the student body, given the variety of content we’ll have to offer.


This is Maylon.


My goal for the magazine is to put out a total 3 or 4 issues, one each month until the school year ends. Ideally, I’d like “Ink & Paper” to continue next year, and become an ongoing fixture in I-Poly. The magazine club, as it may soon be called, will be like the “club attachment” for Yearbook. Drama and Debate are both electives with non-elective club memberships, and it’s about time that Yearbook had one as well. This magazine will be another element of the legacy I leave at I-Poly.

I am not one to leave without leaving an impact.



Boom. Legacy. Impact. Inspiration. Much waow.

No comments:

Post a Comment